What is The "Marketing Merry-Go-Round"
and what it means for you ...
- You’re in a position where your bosses & colleagues expect perhaps more than it’s possible for you to deliver.
- Everyone looks at marketing and thinks it’s easy. It’s not. You know that. Good marketing requires spot-on planning, co-ordination, copywriting, design, IT, communication skills just for starters.
- There’s a lot of pressure on you to drive leads & sales into the business...the business relies on what you do, it’s valuable and yet more often than not, the work you do is under appreciated.
- Managers / owners / committees need numbers and time spent producing reports and statistics isn’t productive time you could be using in generating business and working out how grow membership, green fees and non-golf sales.
- Everyone wants a piece of your time “can you just do this, can you just do that”.
- You are constantly bombarded by the silver bullets that never seem to be so…”silver”. SEO, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, Website, PR and biggest of all at the moment Social Media.
- You're constantly pulled from one task to the next. There’s nothing worse than your boss saying “what are we doing on the social media front” and then you have to re-direct your time and attention away from some of the other projects you’ve been working on to this new latest marketing super-bullet.
All of this is a bit like being on a never-ending Merry-Go-Round when someone else is controlling the speed. You’re dizzy, you want to get off and you know you’ll be happier once things slow down...but it never does and you don’t seem to be any closer today than you were last week, last month, last year.
Can you see why this can be
so overwhelming for most people?
But don’t worry. The marketing merry-go-round is a common condition and you’ll be
relieved to know there is a solution out there.
Ok, so let’s look into the options available to you...
You could organise meetings with your managers/directors, your colleagues, get them together, share with them the big marketing picture, explain your situation and ask them how they can help you to help them.But that’s a lot to do. You’ve got to pitch it just right otherwise you could come across as needy or worse, incompetent. It’s high risk.
Alternatively, you could go the other way and start taking control of your own work, setting your own priorities and telling colleagues what projects get done in what order. It’s a fine line between appearing robust and professional but you also run the risk of coming across as control freaky, unapproachable and difficult to work with.
The Golf Marketing University Superhero programme is designed specifically for you, the professional golf marketer. In a nutshell, Golf Marketing Superhero is an intensive 12 week online training on the industries first dedicated platform for golf marketing.
- online courses
- tools & ideas
- live training
Jargon-Free, Self Paced, Online Training Courses
An dedicated online training platform to teach you, the most important techniques to quickly and effectively market
your facility in today’s environment - broken down into quick, easy to follow, jargon-free courses
Time Saving Tools, Tips, Ideas, Resources & Done For You Templates:
You’ll be shown time-saving ‘tools’ to help your planning and production for professional results
and we’ll walk you through how to use these step-by-step
Your Blueprint For Golf Marketing Success
You’ll learn how various marketing elements fit together into the ‘big picture’ so you don’t
waste time on jobs the yield little and don’t co-ordinate with your most effective channels
You're not in this alone, Join Your Fellow Golf Marketing Superhero's
You become the average of the people you spend the most time with. The Golf Marketing University Community is the perfect place to share ideas and experiences and get answers to your questions...all in a safe, supportive environment that promotes taking action!
Monthly, On-going Live Training Calls With Leading Experts
During the 12 week training you will be coached through each part of the blueprint by a team of world class marketing coaches with years of hands on experience in the world of marketing and sales.
We’ll get you looking like a Golf Marketing Superhero in no time.
We’ll even certify your course completion as you go
so you can prove your Superhero status too.
This isn’t just another marketing silver bullet...
Golf Marketing Superhero is a whole system that guides you to use all marketing silver bullets working together in just 12 weeks, trained by a team of experts who’ve delivered real-world results - to help you and your club grow sales, grow membership and help remove some of the speed and stress from your working life.
Meet Your Marketing Team
Golf Marketing University was found by Elliot Hamilton and John King....
John doesn't just preach and teach marketing to golf clubs, he actually does the business every day. Refining his craft marketing the European Golf Course Owners Association, where he was fundamental in developing the VISION 2020 "The Future of Golf" project, John moved on to built dozens of ruthlessly effective websites for golf facilities. Now, as Creative Director & Founder of Digital Distilla, a golf-only marketing agency, John brings in hundreds of thousands in sales every year for some of the UK's most commercial and well-respected golf clubs.
Co-Founder Golf Marketing University
Originally trained as an accountant and with a career background in accountancy, banking and property, now working in the golf industry.Currently responsible for a fantastic hotel & golf club on the stunning North Yorkshire coast, I'm also delivering and teaching golf marketing to some of the most dynamic & forward-thinking golf clubs in the UK and all over the world.You can keep the jargon, it's all about results.
Co-Founder Golf Marketing University